Extended Travel Ball joint style, Nitro Upper Control Arms (Pair) for 1998-2007 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
1998-2007 100 Series UZJ100, HDJ100, & FZJ100
1998-2007 Lexus LX 470
1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Cygnus
The short-comings of OEM 100 Series IFS: In 1998 Toyota released the all new 100 series Land Cruiser to replace its solid axle 80 series models. While providing a much smoother ride and better handling on the road, the IFS proved to be very limited in suspension travel. Most lift kits for the IFS setup simply raise the front end by means of adjusting/replacing the torsion bars which actually reduces overall down-travel. This is the result of aftermarket suspension kits only utilizing stock length shocks. Driving over rough roads and potholes compounds this problem as the pre-loaded suspension, with fully extend shocks, has no more room for shock travel resulting in poor ride quality and premature shock failure. The only way to improve suspension travel is to run longer than stock shocks. The factory upper control arms also become a limiter as they will contact the shock body if using longer shocks. With a raised suspension height, the OEM upper ball-joint is forced to operate at an extreme angle and wider tires many times will not clear the factory upper control arms. The OEM ball-joint also has a potential to separate if a stock length shock were to break, leading to catastrophic failure of suspension, steering, and CV axle.
- To solve the extreme ball joint angle of the stock arms the ball-joint cup is clocked to run level on vehicles with 2-3" additional ride height.
- With the proper shock setup, this allows up to 50% increase in down travel over OE/Aftermarket suspension kits that use OE length shocks.
- The arms are 100% BOLT-ON
- Heavy Duty Grease-able Sealed ball joint offers higher misalignment than OEM, and lasts much longer than uniball type arms, and no squeaks!
- Removable Billet ball joint Top Cap
- OEM style Rubber bushings for lower maintenance, quieter, less vibration and no squeaks!- Heavy wall tubular design provides more strength versus the flimsy OEM stamped steel arms.
- Lower profile than OE, thus providing additional clearance for larger tires, and/or larger/ longer shocks.
- 3 Degrees additional caster.
- Will work on stock height vehicles as well.