Skip to content
We are now open again at both locations. Our current hours in Issaquah are Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm. Tualatin is Tue - Sat, 9-4. WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 3 & 4 FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND. HAPPY 4TH!
We are now open again at both locations. Our current hours in Issaquah are Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm. Tualatin is Tue - Sat, 9-4. WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 3 & 4 FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND. HAPPY 4TH!

Adler Canoe Axe

$94.00

The Adler Canoe Axe is a fantastic all purpose backcountry axe made in Germany featuring a red and black nonslip handle measuring 19.5" with a head weight of 1.35lbs.

The Canoe Axe is designed with a great deal of utility in mind, whether traversing the waters or out in the backcountry on foot. For fire-making, it is the perfect companion for producing kindling as well as for harvesting and splitting wood. Additionally, it's portable enough to be an all-purpose tool in the backcountry for keeping a riverbank or trailhead access open. The Canoe Axe is delivered with a leather sheath which is made in Spain.

Head weight: 1.35 Lbs. | Total weight: 1.9 Lbs | Handle length: 19.5”

Founded in 1919, the Adler Axe factory builds on four generations of know how to produce world class axes—Made in Germany.

The cornerstone of today’s company was laid by Josef Schmitt when he founded a small village blacksmith shop in 1919 in southern Germany. His intuition and hand-on approach resulted in steel formed and hardened in a perfect manner. All aspects of axe creation were to his high-quality standards. Our axes today are fabricated with the same passion, exactness and high quality standards that our founder committed the company to 100 years ago.

Some important milestones over the last few years for Adler include the opening of our water-based paint facility in 2004 and our automatic drying kiln in 2006. We are also proud that wood waste is used to generate the energy (up to 700KW) that runs our factory. The newest generation of the Schmitt family are committed to modernizing the factory to meet state-of-the-art sustainability and production standards, while never losing sight of the heritage that makes Adler unique.

All Adler axes contain the “JSW” mark. The “JS” are for Josef Schmitt, the founder of our company. The “W” stands for the small village of Wiesental which is located just south of the current factory location in Waghäusel.