Comeup Seal Gen2 9.5rsi winch with Wireless Remote and Synthetic Rope
Heavy-duty Comeup Seal Gen2 9500lbs Winch with 5-hp, series-wound motor lets you quickly and safely recover a stuck vehicle. Integrated winch is sealed for complete submersion in water or mud.
Includes wireless remote, LED indicator panel, overheat sensor, cutoff switch, synthetic rope, winch hook, hawse fairlead.
- Premium recovery winch lets you pull your stuck vehicle out of mud, snow, water or a ditch and up steep inclines
- Perfect for work trucks, Jeeps, and other off-road vehicles
- Designed for vehicles with a maximum GVW of 6,333 lbs
- Integrated, 1-piece design - all components are permanently mounted within the winch housing
- Protects motor, contactor, and wiring from rocks and debris
- Helps reduce installation time
- Winch housing and internal components are sealed and waterproof to IP68 standards
- Winch remains fully functional even when completely submersed in up to 3' of water or mud
- 5-hp, Series-wound motor delivers powerful, fast, and safe line pulling
- Motor is more powerful, more efficient, and produces more torque than a permanent magnet motor
- Intelligence dashboard with LED indicators
- Monitors vehicle battery life, cable in/out, winch motor temperature, and wireless remote signal strength
- Overheat sensor triggers alerts if motor temperature exceeds 212 degrees
- LEDs on remotes and intelligence dashboard glow red and alarm on power unit sounds
- Sealed, 400-amp contactor transmits power from the vehicle's battery to the winch motor
- Battery leads are color coded and printed with AWG size for easy installation
- Cutoff switch prevents winch from draining vehicle battery when winch is not in use
- Automatic, mechanical Cone Brake Structure holds 100 percent of the load while minimizing winch creep
- Cone-shaped brake is mounted outside the drum to keep damaging heat away from motor and rope
- All-steel, 3-stage planetary gear train
- Provides increased drum speed when compared with worm drives and 1- or 2-stage planetary gear trains
- Wireless, waterproof remote lets you power the load in and out from up to 90' away
- Plastic, hand-held remote with 17' lead lets you operate winch from a safe distance
- Free-spooling clutch ensures fast rope payout and reduces wear on the motor
- Gearbox can be rotated in 90-degree increments so you can reach the clutch handle no matter where you mount the winch
- 3/8" Diameter Dyneema SK75 synthetic rope is strong as steel yet lightweight and safer to handle
- 100' Long with 6' woven polyester protective sleeve
- 1/2" Forged steel hook and nylon hand-saver strap included
- Heavy-duty, cast aluminum hawse fairlead
- Rounded fairlead hole helps prevent friction damage to rope
- Black anodized finish resists corrosion
- Die-cast aluminum housing with corrosion-resistant, matte black powder coat finish
- Carbon steel motor tube resists internal corrosion
- Rated line pull (with a single layer of synthetic rope around the drum): 9,500 lbs (static load)
- Vehicle recovery capacity: 6,333 lbs
- Motor: 12-volt DC
- Line pull at 0 lbs:
- Power draw: 60 amps
- Line speed: 19 FPM
- Line pull at 9,500 lbs:
- Power draw: 380 amps
- Line speed: 2 FPM
- Line pull at 0 lbs:
- Gear ratio: 159:1
- Duty cycle: S3 5% (approximately 44 seconds on/14 minutes off)
- Braking: 100-percent load-holding mechanical
- Battery lead wire: 2 gauge
- Battery lead length: 6'
- Rope dimensions: 100' long x 3/8" (8.7 mm) diameter
- Winch dimensions: 23-13/16" long x 6-5/16" wide x 8-1/8" tall
- Drum dimensions: 2-1/2" diameter x 8-15/16" long
- 4-Bolt mounting pattern (center to center): 10" x 4-1/2"
- Hawse fairlead thickness: 11/16"
- Distance between hawse fairlead mounting holes (center to center): 10"
- Winch weight (with synthetic rope installed): 79.8 lbs
- Recommended battery size (for maximum power): 650 CCA
- Limited lifetime on mechanical components
- 3-Year on electrical components
The Seal Gen2 integrated off-road recovery winch lets you pull your stuck vehicle out of mud, snow, water or a ditch and up steep inclines. The winch is fully integrated so it's ready to install right out of the box - just bolt the winch and roller fairlead to a mounting plate (sold separately), bolt the plate to your bumper or grille guard, and run the power lead to your vehicle's battery. The 1-piece winch body protects the internal components from water, rocks, and debris, and it's sealed to IP68 standards for complete submersion in water or mud. It has an integrated LED panel that displays critical information about the winch and your vehicle's battery, and it has a cutoff switch that prevents the winch from draining your vehicle's battery. It includes a wireless remote, a plug-in remote, a synthetic rope, and a hawse fairlead.
Sealed and Submersible
The winch housing and internal components are fully sealed to meet IP68 standards for complete submersion in up to 3' of water or mud. This enables the winch to keep functioning in environments where other, standard off-road winches fail.
Heavy-Duty, 5.0-Horsepower Motor
The Seal Gen2 features a 5.0-horsepower, 12-volt DC motor with 9,500 lbs of line pull. This heavy-duty, series-wound motor is more powerful and more dependable than a permanent magnet motor, and it generates more torque and dispenses heat more efficiently when operating at high speeds. The motor is completely sealed for submersion in mud or water. And it's constructed of durable, corrosion-resistant materials including the steel drum, carbon steel motor tube, copper battery terminals, and carbon steel hardware.
Built-In Overheat Sensor
There is a built-in sensor located inside the motor housing that monitors the motor temperature. If the motor exceeds 212 degrees, an audible alarm in the power unit sounds and the LEDs on the intelligence dashboard and on the remote glow red. The audible alarm will stop when the unit is shut down and the LEDs will turn off when the motor has cooled and can be used again.
An intelligence dashboard panel on the winch housing above the rope drum has LED indicators that monitor the power draw on your vehicle's battery, cable in/out, and wireless remote signal strength. It also has a red temperature icon that flashes and an audible alarm that sounds if the motor overheats.
Sealed Contactor with Push-Button Power Disconnect
The contactor - or solenoid - transmits power from the vehicle's battery to the winch motor. The 400-amp contactor - contained within the winch housing over the drum - is sealed to meet IP68 specifications for water and weather resistance. The copper terminals and carbon steel hardware are corrosion resistant.
A power disconnect button - or cutoff switch - located next to the remote plug shuts off the flow of power from your vehicle's battery to the winch. This prevents the winch from draining your vehicle's battery when it's not in use. Press the button to shut off power to the winch. Press it again to restore the power.
Free-Spooling Clutch with Rotating Handle
The Gen2 has a free-spool clutch with a rotating ring gear that enables you to pull out the rope by hand. This saves battery power, prevents the brake from wearing down prematurely, reduces wear on the motor, and is much faster than waiting for the drum to unroll the rope. To release the clutch for free-spooling simply pull and turn the spring-loaded handle. To reengage the clutch, lift and rotate the handle back to the position indicated by the icon on the label.
The clutch is driven by a hardened-steel, 3-stage planetary gear train. This provides more speed than traditional worm gear drives or 1- or 2-stage planetary gear trains.
The gearbox can be rotated in 90-degree increments so you can reposition the clutch handle to an easy-to-reach location. This is great when mounting foot-forward on custom and in-bumper applications or on a vehicle with a small engine where space is extremely limited.
The rustproof, die-cast aluminum gearbox is sealed to keep out moisture, and it has a black matte powder coat finish for corrosion resistance.
Automatic, Load-Holding Cone Brake Structure
The automatic CBS (Cone Brake Structure) holds 100 percent of the load without unintentional rope payout (or creep). It has a cone-shaped wheel that presses against the brake clamp when there is a load on the rope. The greater the load on the rope the harder the cone-shaped wheel presses against the clamp. This pressure creates enough friction to slow and ultimately stop the drum's rotation.
The cone brake is located on the outside of the drum so the heat created from friction is kept away from the motor and the rope. This prevents potentially damaging heat buildup near the motor.
Wireless, Waterproof Remote with LED
The Seal Gen2 includes a wireless remote that lets you operate the winch from up to 90' away. The remote has a built-in LED that turns green when you are powering the rope in or out, turns red to indicate an overheated motor, and turns off when the winch is inactive. It has a 2-way digital signal that transmits at 2.4 GHz to prevent in-band interference.
A wired, hand-held remote with a 17' lead and in/out rocker switch is also included so you can control your winch if you lose the wireless remote or the battery dies. It has a built-in LED that turns green when you are powering the rope in or out, turns red to indicate an overheated motor, and turns off when the winch is inactive. Simply plug the waterproof remote into the power unit when you need to use it, and disconnect it to store it away when you aren't using it.
The remote plugs into a port on the on the side of the winch body. It has a rubber plug that prevents water from getting into the unit when you are not using the wired remote.
The synthetic rope is made of 12-strand Dyneema SK75 fiber that is lightweight yet stronger than steel. This synthetic rope is safer to use than a steel rope because it generates less kinetic energy - and therefore less kickback - if a break occurs. It won't stretch - or creep - over time like steel rope can. And it's also less likely to fray and create sharp strands so it's easier to handle and easier to spool.
The rope winds around a sealed, solid steel drum. The mounting flanges are strong enough to resist bending or breaking if the rope wrap becomes uneven and excess stress is put on the drum.
A 6', woven-polyester protective sleeve at the hook end of the rope provides extra protection for your hands. A hand-saver strap is also included to use in conjunction with leather work gloves (CU881558 - sold separately) so that you can safely handle the rope and hook.
The removable red hook is made of high-strength forged steel that is heavy duty and rust resistant. It has a spring-loaded safety latch for quick fastening and removal. The hook attaches to a steel thimble on the end of the synthetic rope.
Aluminum Hawse Fairlead
The cast aluminum hawse fairlead is designed to be used with synthetic rope. The 11/16" thick fairlead has a black powder coat finish that resists corrosion, and it installs with stainless steel hardware. The fairlead hole is rounded to reduce friction on the rope when you're pulling it in and out. This helps reduce wear on the rope and keep it strong and functional.
Note: The hawse fairlead does not mount directly to the winch - it typically attaches to tabs on the winch mounting plate (sold separately) or grille guard (sold separately). ComeUp mounting channels and most aftermarket mounts include these tabs.
This winch is constructed of strong, durable materials that are able to withstand any weather condition or terrain. The die-cast aluminum housing creates a strong and rigid winch body. It also helps to protect the synthetic rope and internal components from water, rocks, and debris. The winch body, internal components, and both remotes are sealed to IP68 standards. This means that the winch can be continuously submerged in 3' of water or mud and remain fully opertional. The copper terminals and carbon steel hardware are corrosion resistant, and the cables are color coded and printed with the AWG for easy installation. The black matte powder coat finish is also 3 times more corrosion resistant than the gray powder coat used on ComeUp's DV series winches.
The winch is fully integrated so it's easy to install right out of the box. Simply bolt the winch and fairlead to a mounting plate (sold separately), bolt the plate to your bumper, and run the included wiring to your vehicle's battery. Alterneratively, you can bolt the winch and fairlead to the mounting points on many aftermarket bumpers and grill guards. Quick connects (CU881076 - sold separately) are available to make removing and re-installing the winch easy.
Winch Line Pull Capacity
|Layers of Rope||Capacity (lbs)||Total Rope on Drum (ft)|
The line pull capacity of your winch is determined by the maximum load your winch can pull with a single layer of rope on the drum. As more layers of rope are wound onto the drum, pulling the same load requires more force, leading to a loss in winching power. With a 2nd layer of rope around the drum, your line pull capacity is reduced by approximately 14 percent. With 3 layers on the drum, the line pull capacity is reduced by approximately 23 percent, and with 4 layers on the drum it is reduced by approximately 35 percent.
Note: It is recommended that you begin any line pull with a minimum of 5 wraps and a maximum of 2 layers of rope on the drum.
Vehicle Recovery and Winch Capacity
To select the appropriate off-road/recovery winch for your application, determine your gross vehicle weight. The GVW is the stand-alone weight of your vehicle plus the weight of any items in and on the vehicle. Once you have determined the GVW of your vehicle, choose a winch with a capacity that is 1-1/2 times your GVW. Using that formula, this winch - with a 9,500-pound capacity - will work for vehicles with an approximate GVW of 6,333 pounds.