RD111, Toyota 8" Clamshell IFS, 3.91 & Up, 30 Spline, ARB Air Locker
ARB Air Locker RD111
- Vehicle Applications:
- 2003 & Up Toyota 4Runner
- 2003-2008 Lexus GX470
- 2009 & Up Lexus GX460
- 2002-2008 Toyota Landcruiser Prado 120
- 2003-2009 Toyota Hilux Surf
- 2005 & Up Toyota Fortuner
- 2009 & Up Toyota Landcruiser Prado 150
- 2005 & Up Toyota Tacoma
- 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 2005 & Up Toyota Hilux Pickup
A relentless commitment to research and design, the use of quality materials, and an uncompromising approach to manufacturing have all contributed to the ARB Front Air Locker's success in over 100 countries worldwide.
Designed and manufactured in Australia, the ARB Air Locker will enhance the traction of your 4×4 in just about any terrain, whether it’s rock, clay, gravel, sand, snow or mud.
Now with a state-of-the-art two-piece design available right across the range, forged gears for the ultimate in strength and durability, and an industry leading five-year warranty, ARB Tacoma Lockers are better built and better backed than ever before.
- 8" Diameter RG IFS 53MM Bearing ID
- #RD111 - 33 (1.31") | 30 Spline | 3.91 & Up Gear Ratios
- #RD121 - 33 (1.31") | 30 Spline | 3.73 & Down Gear Ratios
- Flange Cap Assembly - Fully machined nodular iron flange cap incorporates the stationary side of ARB's tough, proven, and patented timed locking mechanism.
- Air Supply - At the flick of a dash-mounted switch, compressed air is delivered to the seal housing assembly via a nylon air line.
- Clutch Gear - ARB's patented locking system actually supports the side of the gear teeth, giving you more torque handling capability, exactly when you need it.
- Bonded Seal - Steel reinforced, elastomer-bonded annular seal has been proven to handle 20,000+ cycles under the most extreme climatic temperatures on earth.
- Two Piece Design - Machining a case from two pieces instead of three results in a much higher dimensional accuracy of the finished assembly and has allowed ARB engineers to improve the design of other elements, resulting in a reduction of moving parts, increase strength and a more responsible activation.
- Splined Side Gear - High grade surface treatments, forged nickel alloy steel and ARB's patented timed locking system make this the most 'lockable' gear in the industry.
- Return Spring - Instead of a complex external actuator system to engage/disengage the lock, ARB Air Lockers use up to 12 return springs to support the entire profile of the locking gear for a fast, positive and independent disengagement.
- Spider Block - A billet machined, alloy steel spider block supports the cross shafts, using the torque applied at each shaft to support the next shaft along.
- Pinion Gear - Combining the strength of forged nickel alloy steel with redefined gear-tooth geometry, ARB has revolutionized locking differential gear design to yield structural advantages of up to 30% over commercially available high strength gears.
- Forged Gears - With phenomenal forces being applied to the side and pinion gears within the differential, ARB has invested heavily in the application of forge gears, typically found in heavy duty commercial, race, and agricultural transmissions.
- Cross Shaft Retaining Pin - Custom made, one-piece hardened retaining pins lock into the assembly using a tapered thread junction.
- Diff Case - Fully machined, one-piece nodular iron diff carrier case offers the rigidy of a one-piece factory differential with twice the standard number of pinion gears to cope with the torque.
- Long Cross Shaft - Alloy steels and performance surface technology make for a high pressure running fit that can handle an enormous amount of punishment.
NOTE: An ARB on board air compressor is required for the installation and use of this part. See our air compressor page for options.