Project #MuleWagon Revealed at Overland Expo West
Didn't make it to Overland Expo West to witness the reveal of the Mule Expedition Outfitters project #MuleWagon? Don't worry, we got you covered with some photos.
Not familiar with the project #MuleWagon? Here's the reason we chopped an 80 Series Land Cruiser in half.
If you are not aware, Mule Expedition Outfitters is the North American distributor for MITs Alloy Flatbed Trays and Canopies out of Australia. To help launch the product line and gain exposure for the brand, we decided to cut a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series in half and install a MITs Alloy flatbed and canopy system like they do in Australia. Of course, we didn't stop there.
As you Land Cruiser fans know, the factory engine, although reliable, was not the most powerful. And in our case, the engine was tired and needed replacement. Instead of spending the time and money on a rebuild, we decided to swap in a little more power in the form of a Chevrolet LS3 V8 mated to a 4L80E automatic transmission. Other than the engine, transmission, and body chop, we kept the remainder of the build Land Cruiser based with product available through Mule Expedition Outfitters.
For media inquiries, please contact Steven Bisig at email@example.com.
- Vehicle: 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Engine: Chevrolet LS3 V8 with Edlebrock management system
- Transmission: 4L80E Automatic
- Transfer Case: Stock
- Axles: Stock housings with ARB Air Lockers, Nitro Gears and rear full-float upgrade by Nitro Gear.
- Brakes: Powerbrake Big Break Kit (front)
- Onboard Air: ARB Twin Compressor with Pressure Control System
- Suspension: Old Man Emu Coils, BP-51 Shocks and OME suspension links and trailing arms.
- Tires: Yokohama Geolandar MT
- Wheels: Teraflex Nomad
- Front Bumper: ARB
- Winch (front and rear): Comeup
- Lights: Baja Designs
- Roof Rack: Front Runner
- Storage: MITS Alloy Flatbed Tray and Canopy System
- Fridge: Dometic Dual Zone Fridge Freezer with Clearview Fridge Slide
- Solar: Sunflare Solar Panels
- Charging Management: Redarc Manager 30 with Redvision
- Battery: BluOasis 200 AH Lithium
- Other: Expedition 134 storage box, ARB Recovery Kit, MAXTRAX recovery boards, Front Runner Wolfpack storage box, Customer Snorkel, Custom rear frame section with hidden winch mount.